My name is 韩林涛. My foreign friends all call me Alex.
I am studying for a master’s degree at Peking University on Computer Aided Translation(计算机辅助翻译，CAT) . My current academic interests include CAT( Computer Aided Translation), teaching English to children, internet influence on English teaching and translation efficiency improvement.
In spare time, I love reading( esp. biography and religion books), writing( mainly on my personal blog), watching movies and listening to soft music.
My current status:
- I am now working in a start-up company called Lingosail in Tsinghua Science Park. I’m helping developing a Computer Aided Translation software and an online dictionary OneDict.com.
- I am the co-founder of Answer4CAT.com（计算机辅助翻译问答平台）, a narrow-casting question and answer platform on Computer Aided Translation.
- I am now the Translation Technology Director of Boya Language Service Studio Boyatrans.com, a Language Service Studio founded by MTI students of Peking University.
My translation experience:
- Part-time freelance translator from 2008 to 2011
- 设计之美，山东画报出版社，2010，ISBN 9787547400869 (Beautiful Thing: An Introduction to Design By Robert Clay), I translated with my teacher, Mr. Yin Tao.
- DK目击者旅游指南—欧洲，中国旅游出版社，2011，ISBN 9787503231780 (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides—Europe), I translated with my teachers, Mr. Xubin and Mr. Jialei.
My teaching experience:
- Teacher Assistant of Weifang No.1 Middle School, Shandong Province, in 2008 Sino-Canada Language and Culture Exchange Program.
- Apprentice English Teacher of Dongying No.1 Middle School, Shandong Province in 2010
My interpreting experience:
- Interpreting for American Golf Course Architect Henry Hanson in 2010 and 2011
My volunteer experience:
- Volunteer for the 11th National Games of the People’s Republic of China.
(Last Modified @ December 3rd, 2011)